Cambria Heights HS (Diploma), Patton, PA
U.S. Military Academy (BS Engineering), West Point, NY
University of California (MS Civil Engineering), Berkeley, CA
Military Professional Education Courses through Army War College, Carlisle, PA
Ranger and Airborne Qualifying Courses, Ft Benning, GA
Engineer Troop Commands: Platoon Leader (Vietnam), Company Commander (Vietnam), Battalion Commander (CA), Brigade Commander (Germany), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Pacific Ocean Division, HI
Staff Assignments: USMA Dean’s Office, Vietnam, Georgia, Germany, Pentagon (6 years)
US Department of Energy, Engineering and Construction Management, Wash. DC
Smithsonian Institution, Engineering and Facilities Operations, Wash. DC
Pro Bono Leadership
President, USMA Class of 1965 (10 years)
President, Army Engineer Association (6 years)
Member and President, Indian Lake Golf Club Board of Directors (6 years)
· GRADUATE OF GREENSBURG SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
· GRADUATE OF MERCY HOSPITAL SCHOOL OF NURSING (RN)
· GRADUATE OF SETON HILL UNIVERSITY, BA IN SOCIOLOGY
· GRADUATE OF UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, MASTER IN PUBLIC HEALTH
· CAREER IN NURSING AND MANAGEMENT
o MONONGAHELA VALLEY HOSPITAL CONDUCTING COMMUNITY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPING PROGRAMS FOR THE COMMUNITY
o FACILITAED A CHILDREN’S REHAB CENTER FOR SPECIAL NEEDS
o ADJUNCT FACULTY MEMBER FOR WESTMORELAND COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, SETON HILL UNIVERSITY, AND THE DOUGLAS EDUCATION CENTER
o MEMBER OF THE CHILD DEATH REVIEW TEAM OF WASHINGTON AND WESTMORELAND COUNTIES
· FORMED A CONSULTING BUSINESS FOR ORGANIZATIONAL ANALYSIS AND RESTRUCTURING FOR NON-PROFITS
· FOUNDED THE TIM LEONARD CANCER FOUNDATION IN MEMORY OF HER SON AND PROVIDED GRANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WITH LIFE THREATENING ILLNESSES.
· HAS ASSISTED NON-PROFITS IN WRITING AND OBTAINING GRANTS FOR CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
· FOUNDING BOARD MEMBER GREENSBURG SALEM EDUCATION FOUNDATION
· NAMED DISTINGUISHED GRADUATE OF GREENSBURG SALEM HIGH SCHOOL IN 2015, A PRESTIGIOUS AWARD
· GRADUATE OF POINT PARK UNIVERSITY (Ed.D.)
· GRADUATE OF CALIFORNIA UNIFVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (M.Ed)
· GRADUATE OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (B.S. IN EDUCATION)
· VETERAN OF OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM AND OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM (2003-2005)
o TASKED BY USCENTCOM TO SUPPORT AND LEAD MAPPING AND SUPPLY MISSIONS INTO AND SUPPORT OF SOLDIERS IN IRAQ, BAHRAIN, QATAR, UZBEKISTAN, AFGHANISTAN, AND KUWAIT
o WORKED WITH CIVILIAN CONTRACTORS, COALITIN FORCES, AIR FORCE, NAVY, AND MARINES TO SETUP SUPPLY AND MAPPING WAREHOUSES TO STREAMLINE PROCESS
· SERVED PLEADER FOR APPROXIMATELY 60 SOLDIERS WITH 978TH CS COMPANY
· CURRENTLY SERVE AS SSA TECHNICIAN WITH THE 978th CS CO
· HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO MULTIPLE UNITS OVER THE COURSE OF 20-YEAR CAREER
o 1004th QM CO
o 357th COMBAT ENGINEER
o 14th QM CO
o 1015th QM CO
· 20 YEARS AS A TEACHER, ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL, AND PRINCIPAL
· CURRENTLY SERVING AS AN ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL AT GREENSBURG SALEM HIGH SCHOOL IN GREENSBURG, PA
· SERVED AS AN ELEMENTARY, JUNIOR HIGH, AND VARSITY WRESTLING COACH AND FOOTBALL COACH IN THE SOMERSET AREA AND NORTH STAR SCHOOL DISTRICTS
· PAST AND CURRENT MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS
o AMERICAN LEGION
o VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
o PITTSBURGH RUGBY CLUB
o VOLUNTEER COACH PENN
TOWNSHIP RUGBY CLUB
· Okeechobee High School, Okeechobee, FL
· Wayne State College, NE, BS Exercise Science and Wellness, Football
· Combat Medic Training and Army Nurse-68C
· 345th Combat Support Hospital, ICU Nurse, NCOIC Clinical Services
· 339th Combat Support Hospital, Surgical Nurse/Combat Lifesaver Instructor
· Operation Iraqi Freedom
· License, investigate, and inspect eldercare facilities for State and local regulatory compliance
· Vice Chair, Westmoreland County- Greensburg Youth Commission
· Board of Directors, Central Westmoreland Habitat for Humanities
· Board of Directors, Greensburg Salem Education Foundation
· Greensburg Recreation Youth Football Coach
· Community Advancement Advocate
Melissa is a well experienced, self-motivated, innovative and trusted professional leader offering 20+ years’ experience with UNITEDHEALTHCARE...SHE IS THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MARKET HEAD OF SALES FOR KEYSTONE MEDICARE MARKET WHICH IS KNOWN AS AETNA MEDICARE SOLUTIONS. YOU CAN REACH OUT TO HER BY CALLING HER AT 412-459-4873 OR EMAILING HER AT BAZZOM@AETNA.COM OR ACCESS THE WEBSITE AT www.atenamedicare.com SHE IS ALWAYS focusing on enhancing sales and strengthening profit levels with strategic market-driven approaches along with successful retention efforts. Melissa is an expert in building effective teams to tackle each day with decisive nature and operations expertise to gain their personal growth success. One of Melissa’s passions is skillfully developing integral partnerships with key broker partners, community leaders and internal/external liaisons to help drive and establish success results.
Melissa was also with UnitedHealthcare for over 17 years and has worn many growth hats during her experience ranging from Lead Team Supervisor, Manager of Community Outreach and currently Director of Sales. During the almost two-decade venture at UnitedHealthcare, Melissa has been awarded for her driven efforts/results with two time MVP Champion Club awards, GEM Award for Partnerships, 11 BRAVO awards based on the company’s values with Performance, Leadership, Innovation and Collaboration. Other awards are Outstanding Performance Award, Outstanding Community Relations Award and most recently won the highest award within her Medicare & Retirement area within the company; The Eagles Club Award.
During the earlier part of Melissa’s career, she was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance with the Reaching Out Award for collaborating and helping many community organizations with education on their health care needs. In addition, Melissa created Medicare Benefit Bingo, which helped many elderly/senior citizens learn the basics of Medicare, which is now being used country wide with many successful results. Lastly, Melissa was awarded Women of Integrity Award by Pittsburgh Women’s Business Association, nominated by colleagues, friends and mentees that she has helped mentor throughout her years.
Melissa’s current key responsibilities include planning to reach goals within the Western PA market for all products ranging from Medicare Advantage, the new Essentials plan for Veterans, Dual Special Need and Supplemental plans. In addition, she is responsible for maintaining solid relationships with top performing agencies and working closely with valued community partners such as hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, senior centers, local housings, food banks, urgent care centers and more.
Melissa is a graduate of Bradford School of Business with 3.94 GPA and holds a certificate in Social Work from Pitt University. In addition, Melissa currently sits on the Board for the Foster Grandparents of SWPA and also has a partnership with KDKA CBS TV Station with her Eye on Retirement Workshop and TV Show. Melissa also holds her insurance licensing in the states of PA, OH, KY and NC.
Todd T. Turin, Esquire -Turin & DeMatt, P.C., Attorneys at Law
Todd has been practicing law for 33 years. He is a shareholder of Turin & DeMatt, P.C. and concentrates his practice in estate planning and administration, real estate, corporate and Orphans' Court litigation. Todd also serves on a number of community non-profit boards as Solicitor, Trustee and/or Board Member, including the Westmoreland Bar Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region, First Presbyterian Church of Greensburg and the Greensburg Salem Education Foundation. Todd is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Westmoreland Bar Association.
Todd is a 1980 graduate of Greensburg Salem High School. He graduated with high honors from St. Vincent College in 1984 with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Political Science and received his Juris Doctorate Decree with Distinction from Ohio Northern University in 1987.
Todd is married to Stephanie R. Turin and they have two children, Trevor (21) and Emma (19).
VERY Proud to be invited to be a Director of Veteran Angels to apply my skills to help market, provide video production and to work with all of the Combat Veterans of Veteran Angels.
Graduate of Norwin High School
Graduate of Community College of Allegheny College
Studied at University of California
Currently, Owner of Affordable Marketing & Entertainment Network providing Social and Traditional marketing as well as video production through AMEN Video Productions.
Previously, Commissioner of Pennsylvania Interscholastic Hockey League
Previously, Owner of North Versailles Shop n Save
Previously, National Sales Manager of The Movie Exchange
Previously, Zone Training Manager for Keebler Company
Member of St. Michael's Orthodox Christian Church
I am also proud to honor my Father who was a World War II Veteran.
Copyright © 2018 A-VETERANANGELS